The report was based on data from a survey conducted in March 2016 of 1,030 marketers and executives. Some 48.5% of respondents work for B2B companies, 15.2% for B2C companies, 27.7% for hybrid B2B-B2C companies, and 8.6% for non-profits. More than half (54.4%) of the companies included in the survey have annual revenue of less than $ 10 million.
Below, key findings from the report.
- 87% of respondents say their company has a content marketing team.
- 68% of companies have a team size of between 1 and 3 people.
- 42% of respondents say their company has an executive responsible for content marketing; 51% say they will have a content marketing leader by 2017.
- 21% of respondents say the title of the person in charge of their company’s content marketing efforts is content marketing director/manager.
- 41% of respondents say the most important skill-set missing from their content marketing team is content creation.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in March 2016 of 1,030 marketers and executives.